Here is my Zheros Review! It was available during the Games with Gold promotion and I played as much as I could (it wasn’t a lot). I played the first four missions, and honestly I just told myself that I couldn’t finish this game. It felt more like a chore than anything. When you get that feeling, you know that it’s going to be a long ride.
Developer: Rimlight Studios
Publisher: Rimlight Studios
What I liked about Zheros
- The introduction music was really catchy and fun! I would just sit at the title screen and listen to it.
- The visuals in this game are pretty decent. I liked the art style and the graphics weren’t too shabby either.
What I didn’t like about Zheros:
- The gameplay in this game is incredibly repetitive. Kick, punch, kick, punch. There aren’t a lot of combos that I experienced because I played so little, so there may be more when the game opens up a bit.
- There are only two characters that you can play as. It’s a little disappointing that you can’t even customize your character. It would have been a nice little addition for a game that only has to characters.
- The level design isn’t really interesting. There is little interaction with the environment except bashing crates for health or ammo. A lot of the levels that I played looked the same as well.
- The checkpoints in this game seem broken. I had to go back to what seemed like the beginning of the level when I died, which was very frustrating.
Misc (doesn’t count towards review):
- This game is pretty difficult so keep that in mind when playing.
- I paid absolutely nothing for this game. I downloaded it for free during the Games with Gold sale, and deleted it soon after.